Monday, April 4, 2011

You lied to me.

Lies….. All lies.
And of everyone I’ve ever known, you were the LAST I thought would lie to me.
By now I think I should’ve learned.
But I shouldn’t be surprised. Everybody lies to me eventually.
.
But that doesn’t make it okay.
.
Trust isn’t something I just ‘hand out’ to people.
.
With me, trust is something EARNED. I don’t automatically trust you just because we’re “friends.” When you prove to me on every level that you are someone worth my trust, I give it to you.
.
With me, trust is something easily TAKEN AWAY. You lie to me. Once, depending on it, you might be forgiven….. Might. But after that, the trust is gone. Packed it’s bags and left you all alone in this dark world.
.
With me, trust is more easily GIVEN than REPAIRED, and now you know how hard it is for me to trust someone. When you break my trust, there really are no more ways for you to earn that trust back, and you’re going to have to be very creative with your apology.
.

With me, broken trust is a broken heart. I love all my friends. They’re my family. They all play a monumental role in my life. They’re my foundation on which I build my life. And what happens when you break the foundation of a building?
It comes crashing down.
.
.
You lied to me. And you will not be easily forgiven.

No comments:

Post a Comment